Tuesday, December 7, 2010

.....

I've been told several times that I should write a book. Apparently I have a talent. A talent that surprises me. I'm a pretty insecure person and I just don't see my self as being talented in much of anything. I know I can dance, I know I love my children, I know I can push a vacuum pretty well. But write a book! That is a task that seems unreachable to me.

However, I was watching Anthony Bourdain, No Reservations and the show that was on was an episode called "How we got here". Basically the show was about Bourdain's journey to becoming a writer and chef. He said something that made me think. He said something like: most writers are socially awkward, Most writers are introverted and don't enjoy being surrounded by crowds of people. Apparently writers do much better on paper than in person. So basically he was describing me. On facebook people think I am a hoot! In my blog people tell me that I am so funny. Well, I'll tell you the truth....when I can sit and think for a minute or two I can think of something very clever to type. There is also that magic "delete" key. It erases words that you really don't or shouldn't say. When I am in a conversation I am completely awkward and trip all over my words. Things never come out right, especially when I'm around new people. After I walk away from a conversation I always think to myself "Man, why didn't I say______" I frustrate myself sometimes. Let's just say, my social life has opened up since social networking has been invented.

I often sit around and wonder what I would write a book about. I have been told to write a book about Mia. I would just have to come up with so many adjectives, and that seems to be too much work. I could definitely write a book about my family. The Guidry family.......boy would we fill a book from cover to cover with so much entertainment. But let's just say...let's just say this book becomes popular? Because this family is quite interesting. Do I really want to smear this family's business all over pages of a book? I could write about my own personal journey to happiness...........I'm boring. I'm pretty much what you would call a statistic. Pregnant at 16, found the man of my dreams, raising a patchwork family....blah blah blah...... I once picked up a book about a woman that had 3 teenage boys. The book was all about her and how she raised these very diverse young men. It bored me. I don't want to be her. I can't do fiction. Yes, I made up plenty of doozies as a child, but I don't think my adult brain words that way any more.

So here in lies the question.....What do I write about????

1 comment: